Saturday, December 1, 2007

Tricycle

Tricycle will always remind me of my younger days cycling around my 'kampung' (village). I have a photo me riding when I was 3 years old. A chubby boy with the background of my late brother and my father watching me cycling cautiously.

I wish I still have the tricycle with me today for I will be able to show it to my children's my very first tricycle & enclosed it with a photo of me riding it.

Then I started scouting for an old tricycle around Malaysia for me to be able to relate another memoir of my younger days. It didn't take long for me to find one but, it's too expensive for me to own one myself. Displayed at RM3000.00 was too much for me.

Few months later doing my usual adventure scouting for 'old junk', I've decided to visit a flea market located at the back alley of Jalan Sultan also known as 'Pasar Karat' (Rustic Market).

There was an old Chinese man who is high on opium with a canvas spread on the tar having a few 'old junk' for sale. He placed one tricycle and a wooden handsaw with a few other 'old junk'.
Hesitate to ask, I brave myself to start the conversation assuming that the price would be sky high based on my past experience.

To my surprise, He started off with RM60.00 and want me to state my price. I quoted RM20.00 since he open his offer at RM60.00.; He then quoted RM50.00 for such an item which is not easy to find.I counter his offer to RM30.00 since the wheels were not in good condition and straight away offer him RM40.00 for the tricycle and the wooden handsaw. Almost immediately he nodded and it was a deal. I was very delighted and satisfied on my successfully bargaining techniques which reward me with those two items.

The trader then thank me for the trade made and inform me that he will be on leave for three days from that day itself...... I wonder why??? what for?? and thinking 'Don't you need the money to survive??'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not bad man, nice blog you have there.

Keep up the good work, and we shall see a brighter future.

Cheers

jeepang said...

Thanks bro...together we will....