Saturday, December 1, 2007

My first encounter

Hi there,

I was not an antiques enthusiast until I met a friend of mine who is a collector. A long lost friend of my late brother who introduced me into antiquity. A visit to his house shift my paradigm from a person who didn't appreciate old junk to a person who really appreciate old junk, restore it and nourish it with passion and love.

It started with a smoking pipe which was given to me as a gift from him. It's known as 'Syrian' pipe aged approximately 50 years old. I was thought how to appreciate 'old junk', what does it tells you, and the history of it.

Then on, I started to explore further on what is antiques is all about.

I am happy to share my adventures in collecting antiques throughout Peninsula Malaysia since I have travelled to all states in Peninsula Malaysia.

Feel free to share your thoughts, experience, comments, findings which is related to antiques which will definitely benefits every blog readers..

Regards

No comments: