Saturday, December 22, 2007

Record Player

Hi there,

It has been a while since I last post my message. Been busy with job and doing some refurbishing on my new Hi Fi set that I have just got recently.

Got it from my dad a Pioneer Hi Fi set consist of 1 Amplifier, 4 Speakers, 1 Pioneer turntable and 1 deck of AKAI cassette player. It wasn't in running condition but still looks presentable.And lastly I've got myself quite a number of LP's too.

AMPLIFIER

There were some modifications done onto the Amplifier to enhance the BASS. What I have done was actually dismantle all of the components and check all of it to make sure every singe wire were intact. Tested on leakage fortunately there isn't any.Overtime it has changed colour since it was bought in 1974. 33 years old amplifier. Wooden frame with metal lining. Looks cool.
I notice there quite a number wire need to be replaced since it has been sitting on the attic for many many years. It's now under construction.


Turn Table

Power management were in excellent condition. Just that I need to replace the rubber lining that rotate the turn table. Need to replace the needle though. So I've gotta do some shopping soon. With less experience I might face some difficulties looking for it. But I know there's a place I could possibly found it.....AMCORP Mall.yeah that's the place.

Cassette Deck

This is another retro deck. equipped with all of those meters it look kinda funky. Consist of 1 cassette slot with power booster. The same issue I have for this guy. Need to replace the rubber that rotates the motor. This one....wow.I don't know where to get it from.

LP's

Got quite a number of LPs from him as well. among those few

CLIFF RICHARD

SHADOW

ENGELBERT HUMPERDICK

TRACY HUANG

PRETENDERS

BEATLES

JULIO IGLESIAS

ANITA SARAWAK LIFE IN SINGAPORE

HAIL AMIR & UJI RASHID

SALOMA

D'LLYOD

SANISAH HURI

SANGAM


Went to my brother in law place recently and manage to persuade to hand over his LP collection over to me and to my surprise.he agreed. Can't you just imagine his collections then..

QUEEN

DIRE STRAITS

PINK FLOYD

DURAN DURAN

HOWARD JONES

LEVEL 42

SPANDAU BALLET

TRACY CHAPMAN

DEF LEPPARD

LED ZEPPELIN

ERIC CLAPTON

BOB MARLEY

JEAN MICHELLE JARRE

BEACH BOYS

DEPACHE MODE

D'BARGE

KIM WILDE

MEZZOFORTE

NOW THAT'S MUSIC IV

MADONNA

and lots more

No comments: