Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Adverts

It's kinda fun collecting those old metal advertisement plate. I've got myself a few. Cigarettes advertisement for known as 'torchlight'. I do own quite a number cigarettes can with it brand displayed on it namely Rough Rider, PallMall, Rothmans, Camel and few more.

Having all of it displayed on a side table, It's kinda an adventure taking you back through time. It reminds me of younger where my neighbour will give me 10 sen as a rewards if I were to go to the nearest shop located approximately 5km away from your place. 10 sen is big money those days. I can grab myself candies and cookies for sure back then.

I choose to have those ads as it is since I personally believe if it looks brand new, then it's not an antique anymore. I wonder why some people like to change the whole furniture/item so it looks brand new. It turns out as if it is a reproduction item.Defeat the purpose of collecting antiques.

No comments: