Saturday, July 26, 2008


I could only managed to get few malay lps in my collection. Namely....
DJ dave
Salamiah Hassan
Sharifah Aini
Ahmad Jais
Dllyod
Ahmad Nawab
Saloma
Sarinah Hashim
and a few compliation album

The compilation album consist of few famous composers those days.. like Ahmad Marican etc.
Listening to those songs tells me the difference between modern day music composition & oldies.

Modern days I sense that the feel is not like before.. listening to Salamiah Hassan 'Surat terakhir' is what a great experience. She can bring you into her song.. that was a sad song & the way she deliver it was 'WOW'!!!!
you know it is a sad song. sounds like as if she was crying singing that song...

Ahmad Jais is another good singer I presume. The way he sang that song is ...speechless... it comes right from his heart.


another interesting thing about these Lps is the cover... the the way they shoot to cover album... and another thing... if you notice there are address stickers on the album.. I wonder if the shop is still there or in operation...

And you get to see old bahasa malaysia spellings... kinda for those who is not use to it... my dad still write using those formats.... funny eh...

2 comments:

LadyJava said...

Hi Jeepang..

You know who I am or not??!! lolz!!

My parents used to have lots of LP.. I would say.. collectors gak.. but when my father passed away and the player rosak.. she place all the LP in one bag and THREW it away!!! without telling me.. heartpain i tell you..

anyway.. hope you see around my blogs.. and dun be a stranger ok :)

jeepang said...

Hi.... Of course, did browse thru your blog but didn't really have the time to go through thoroughly...
if you still have anything left you can have your own collection...