Wednesday, July 16, 2008

CHINESE MEDICINE CHEST






Chinese medicine box... a bit strange to me but somehow I found it !! It has big compartment & 2 small drawer at the bottom. Known to most collectors...believed could have aged more than 50 years. I was told by the trader that during older days... Chinese will travel to a a new sttlement & bring this medicine box along.
One thing I like about this medicine chest is it uses no nails...

Known to Malay as 'tanggam' maybe. I'm not a handy man so I could be wrong. The wood work are so precise you'll not be able to see any gap in between.
Refurbish??? no..not yet. I didn't enough time to scrap the whole chest and start all over. I might opt for a short cut. Just take some shoe polish & wax it over. hahaha... easy job right?
It's standing at a corner of my house...Price???hmmmmm I got it at RM200.00... checked in KL... it range from RM800-RM2500.00.

No comments: