Thursday, July 24, 2008

Coconut Grater


Coconut grater or Kukur(grate) Kelapa (Coconut).....
Another intresting collection of mine. Found this is Marang, Trengganu. Long long way from home. Most Asian's know this kukur kelapa thingy since coconut is part of our life. I grow up playing around coconut tree.

The 1 that I've found is made of wood of course but I'm not certain what type of wood it made off. Looks nice to me. To me, it resemble a dog but I could be wrong. There are people who claim that it looks like a cat too. Hmmmmm.... doesn't matter as long as I have something look authentic.

The coconut grater wasn't in a good condition when I got it. It was terrible. Guess must have been left abandoned for few years. It could easily aged more than 50 years coz during my childhood in early 70s, the coconut grater used then wasn't like the 1 I've found. It's more modern I must admit since it has lost it design. More mechanical & practical and the 1 my mum used is a fold able!!! innovative eh???

I hope I could find 1 from Thailand since theirs is more artistic. Seen 1 before and it looks nice but the price is just too big for me... sigh...

No comments: