Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rosewood Poster Bed



Since my last update I've been busy working on one of my beds.
Estimated it gonna take more than a month for me to complete the refurbishing job. This is my very first 'BIG' job. Never done such a big project before. Did my research on how to restore wooden furnitures, the appropriate way to clean the old varnish and shellacks or lacquer. Man, there are so many ways of doing it. From the most sophisticated to the cheapest way doing it.Now I know you can even create your own chemical by using things in your kitchen to clear off those finishing such as vinegar & lime etc.

It only took me 2 weeks to complete the bed. Started from sanding to stain.
It wasn't easy initially. It may sounds easy doing it but not as how it sounds. Sanding is the most crucial/important part of the whole process. If you didn't follow the grain grooves you will end up damaging the wood permenantly. It's just like scracthes on your wrist watch glass.

this job took me to anew level of satisfaction. It is a lot more compared to just collecting. I have done refurbishing before but not as detailed as this project.
Those are more into waxing and cleaning. But this time around, an absolute refurbishing.

I will place the photos soon. on my next update I'll share with everyone on how to refurb your antiques furniture step by step.

All we need is just time.Need not to rush since we have no intention to sell it.

No comments: